Sunday, March 1, 2009

We're all awfully bored here, human!

I've been working on deadline for the past week, and will be for the next few days. You would think this would please the Bassets. After all, I'm home with them all day - virtually chained to my desk, so an easy target for the random cookie-begging or the scratch-my-itch bump on the arm.

Alas, they are bored. B-O-R-E-D, I tell you! Or rather, they tell me...

There is a lot of rolling of eyes, stretching and moaning, and coming in to see are-you-done-yet-can-you-come-out-in-the-yard-yet-why-are-you-just-sitting-there-with-the-clicky-clack-machine.

But I'm not done, instead I'm still here typing.

Big Basset sighs. Oh, boredom. Maybe we'll go off to the living room and see if there's something we can chew on. That makes noise. That gets her attention. That makes her get up and talk to us, play with us, rub our bellies.

Maybe, if we get a good rumble going, she'll remember she's part of the pack, and get down on the floor with us for a while, the way she's supposed to.

Wednesday, kids, I tell them. Wednesday - it'll be done or not by then, the deadline come and gone. We'll be out in the yard then.

No comments:

Post a Comment